Museum of Agricultural Technology in Silesia

The builder of the manor in Piotrowice Świdnickie was Jacob von Zedlitz. he conducted construction in the years 1585 – 1590. Over the years, the property gradually lost its importance and fell into debt. A major renovation was carried out only in 1799, when count Nikolas August Wilhelm von Burghaus became the owner of the building. The new owner, philanthropist, builder, member of numerous associations, financed many charitable and scientific activities. He was the originator and investor of one of the first on the continent, a cast iron bridge built in nearby Łażany.

Throughout the 19th century and until 1945, the village, and with it Dwór and Folwark, was going through a period of development. The manor house was rebuilt and the farm was expanded and modernized. After 1945, the Piotrowickie estate was ruined and unused. In the years 1972-1976, partial conservation of the manor house was carried out, and a new roof truss was made. Until 2003, Folwark i Dwór was on the board of the State Farm.

Currently, as part of the activities of the Foundation for the Preservation of Industrial Heritage of Silesia, adaptation works are carried out on the manor and farm complex for the planned Museum of Agricultural Technology in Lower Silesia. In the renovated buildings, the „Living Farm” is being created – a museum in which not only the history of agricultural development will be presented, but also life on farms in the 19th and early 20th centuries will be presented.

After the renovation and adaptation works are completed, there will be: barns, pigsties, stables, henhouses, a granary and a smithy in the Museum. The objects will fulfill their original functions. You will see farm animals typical of the history of Silesian agriculture. In the nearby fields, plants typical for the economy of Lower Silesia at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries will be grown, such as flax, hemp and red. An important part of the Museum will be the exhibition of machinery used in agriculture in the 19th and 20th centuries.


For individual tourists, the museum is open for visits from April to October, exclusively on weekends and selected holidays. Organized groups are welcome daily, but prior reservation is required.

Tours are conducted with a guide and include the manor house, granary, and barn with an exhibition of antique agricultural machinery.

885 204 805

Piotrowice Świdnickie 63
58-140 Jaworzyna Śląska

Adult30 zł
Discounted25 zł
Senior28 zł
Family (2+2)100 zł