Museum of Agricultural Technology in Silesia
in Piotrowice Świdnickie

The builder of the manor in Piotrowice Świdnickie was Jacob von Zedlitz. he conducted construction in the years 1585 – 1590. Over the years, the property gradually lost its importance and fell into debt. A major renovation was carried out only in 1799, when count Nikolas August Wilhelm von Burghaus became the owner of the building. The new owner, philanthropist, builder, member of numerous associations, financed many charitable and scientific activities. He was the originator and investor of one of the first on the continent, a cast iron bridge built in nearby Łażany.

Throughout the 19th century and until 1945, the village, and with it Dwór and Folwark, was going through a period of development. The manor house was rebuilt and the farm was expanded and modernized. After 1945, the Piotrowickie estate was ruined and unused. In the years 1972-1976, partial conservation of the manor house was carried out, and a new roof truss was made. Until 2003, Folwark i Dwór was on the board of the State Farm.

Currently, as part of the activities of the Foundation for the Preservation of Industrial Heritage of Silesia, adaptation works are carried out on the manor and farm complex for the planned Museum of Agricultural Technology in Lower Silesia. In the renovated buildings, the „Living Farm” is being created – a museum in which not only the history of agricultural development will be presented, but also life on farms in the 19th and early 20th centuries will be presented.

After the renovation and adaptation works are completed, there will be: barns, pigsties, stables, henhouses, a granary and a smithy in the Museum. The objects will fulfill their original functions. You will see farm animals typical of the history of Silesian agriculture. In the nearby fields, plants typical for the economy of Lower Silesia at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries will be grown, such as flax, hemp and red. An important part of the Museum will be the exhibition of machinery used in agriculture in the 19th and 20th centuries.

The museum is under organization and is not open to the public

Silesian Porcelain Museum
in Tułowic

Tułowice is a village with a rich tradition of porcelain production. The museum is being built on the premises of the porcelain factory, closed in 2000, „Porcelit”, founded in 1886 by the Schlegelmilch family who came here from Thuringia. Before 1945, the factory in Tułowice was one of the largest porcelain factories in Silesia. The products, due to their quality and design, were well known in Europe and the USA. From the beginning of the 20th century to the First World War, most of the production went to the USA, where the Tułowice factory had its representative offices. After the Second World War, the plant increased its production focusing on popular, cheap, porcelain products. Production ended in 2001.

The adapted factory interiors will house porcelain collections from the most important Silesian porcelain factories. The factory premises will feature exhibitions showing the progress in the porcelain production process. The exhibitions will be organized in the form of workshops open to visitors. For collectors, it will be a place to organize conferences, meetings and auctions of historic porcelain.

A separate part of the Museum will be the villa of the Schlegelmilch family, where an exhibition devoted to „the culture of the table” will be created in the historic, preserved interiors.

The museum is under organization and is not open to the public

Railway Museum in Silesia
Branch in Dzierżoniów

The museum is built on the basis of a historic locomotive from the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. located in Dzierżoniów on the Wałbrzych – Kłodzko railway route. After the renovation and maintenance of the remaining buildings of the locomotive shed and railway infrastructure, the Museum will display a rolling stock from the years of the Second World War and the post-war years.

Regular journeys from the Museum in Jaworzyna Śląska to the depot in Dzierżoniów, where a collection of historical steam locomotives are already available, are already organized. Part of the exhibition at the future Museum will be devoted to presentations of the development of local industry. An exhibition of antique radios from the well-known „Diora” factory in Dzierżoniów is planned.

The museum is under organization and is not open to the public