The manor in Piotrowice Świdnickie was built by Jacob von Zedlitz. The manor was constructed in 1585 – 1590. The estate for years kept losing importance and became indebted. A major overhaul was conducted as late as in 1799 when the manor became owned by count Nikolas August Wilhelm von Burghaus. The new owner, a philanthropist, builder, member of numerous associations, financed a number of charity and scientific activities. He was the initiator and investor in one of the first cast iron bridges in the continent, built in the nearby Łażany. Throughout the 19th century and until 1945, the village and the manor with the farm was developing fast. The manor was subject to numerous reconstructions and the farm was being expanded and modernised. After 1945, the estate of Piotrowice was ruined and no longer used. In 1972-1976, partial maintenance of the manor was carried out, a new roof truss was made. Until 2003 the farm and the manor were managed by the State Farm System.
Now, as part of the activities of the Foundation for the Protection of Silesian Industrial Heritage, adaptation works are under way in the manor and the farm to become adapted to the planned Museum of Agricultural Technology in Lower Silesia. In the facilities under overhaul, a “Live Farm” is being developed – a Museum is to display not only the history of agricultural development but will also present the life at farms in the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century.
When the Museum is ready after the overhaul and adaptation works, there will be barns, pig houses, stables, poultry houses, a granary and a smithy. The facilities will retain their original functions. There will be an opportunity to see breed animals, typical for the history of Silesian agriculture. In the nearby fields, plants will be grown that were characteristic for the economy of Upper Silesia from the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries such as flax or hemp. An exhibition of machines used in agriculture in the 19th and 20th centuries will be an important part of the Museum.